Tomorrow we are celebrating my husband’s birthday!
In honor of the fact that I have known Ryan for ten years, I thought it would be fun to make a list of ten things I love about him.
I hope you enjoy 🙂 For those of you who don’t have time or can’t watch the video, there’s a list of my ten points below.
Also, I realized I said “number 3” twice and skipped number 4…Oops!
1. He has a GREAT sense of humor. He is quick witted, genuinely funny, and jokes with everyone. I’m pretty sure this is my side of the family’s favorite thing about him!
2. He is very personable. He is good at making people feel welcome and comfortable. He easily makes conversation with anyone and everyone.
3. He is laid back. I used to be high strung and nervous in social settings, but he (and his whole family) have mellowed me out.
4. He is childlike – in the best possible way. He’s a nerd and gets excited about little things. He doesn’t worry about life, and knows how to relax.
5. He is very intellectual and has a high I.Q., which makes him a great conversationalist. I love being challenged mentally, and he provides that for me. Also, he is an analytical thinker and I am an abstract thinker, so we balance each other.
6. He is a problem solver and is really good at things like time and detail management. He reads the concrete details around him (that I often don’t even see) and I read energy. He makes me more rational and I make him more compassionate.
7. He is a good dad. I love seeing the special bond that he and Audrey have. I have always been a daddy’s girl and I have a great relationship with my dad on both the Hollstein and Combs sides of the family. It means a lot to me to see that my daughter gets to experience that special bond with her dad as well.
8. He is supportive and trusts me. I handle things like the homeschooling and the meal planning, ect for our family, and he very rarely has an opinion on how those things should be done. (When he does, of course, his opinion is most welcome!) But I love having free reign to be creative.
9. He works very hard to provide for our family, and has given me a beautiful beautiful life of freedom. I get to spend my time raising and educating our children, being free to help people or be involved in activities that I could never do if I had to work.
10. He is committed to me. He sticks with me through everything, puts up with me every day, loves me at my worst (sometimes brings out the worst in me 😉 ) and I never have to wonder if he is in this for the long haul.
Happy Birthday Ryan! I appreciate you!